There’s only a few months left of the year, so get in quick to experience these top Melbourne tours in 2022.
After a few years of hibernation due to Covid restrictions and lockdowns, Go West Tours have been back on the road in 2022. We’ve restarted our top Melbourne tours, because we want to take visitors to the best locations our city has to offer.
If you are visiting Melbourne and want to take a memorable day trip from the city, we have a range of experiences that we guarantee will excite you!
Hand feeding kangaroos and wallabies, to watching the sunset at the 12 Apostles.
Seeing a wild koala in the trees above you, standing next to a flowing waterfall.
Tasting wine, cheese and chocolate to witnessing thousands of Little Penguins waddling past your feet.
If these are the experiences you want on your visit to Melbourne Australia, come and join us on a Go West Tour in 2022.
Top Melbourne Tours
Great Ocean Road
Our tour of the Great Ocean Road is most memorable for the moments that will leave you in awe because of the many magic moments. That first look at the 12 Apostles, seeing a koala in the wild, stepping foot into a lush cool climate rainforest. If nature impresses you and you want to see Melbourne’s most marvelled location – come and explore the Great Ocean Road with us. On this full day tour you will explore Victoria’s Surf Coast, Otway Rainforest, Shipwreck Coast and more. In addition you will visit seaside towns along this world-famous coastline, that are renowned for big waves, fresh seaside and awesome summer holiday vibes. You can soak up the history of sites like Loch Ard Gorge and Gibson Steps. Plus there’s endless photo opportunities to be had throughout the day.
- Tour the scenic Great Ocean Road in the comfort of our touring bus
- Enjoy coffee and cake in the surf town of Torquay
- See the incredible Twelve Apostles on the Shipwreck Coast
- Visit the Loch Ard Gorge, the site of an infamous shipwreck
- See koalas in the wild at Kennett River
- Visit the coastal town of Apollo Bay
- Walk amongst lush ferns in the Otway Rainforest
For animal lovers the world over, the chance to see penguins up close is reason enough to visit Melbourne’s Phillip Island. The sight of thousands of Little Penguins waddling home through the sand dunes – and right past your feet – is something you will never forget. Our Phillip Island Tour is also the best way to meet Australian wildlife up close, and it includes a visit to the world-famous Penguin Parade. See Australia’s most iconic animals at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Park. This is where you can hand-feed a kangaroo or cuddle up to a koala, and much more. This tour from Melbourne visits the Brighton Bathing Boxes, the city’s most colourful attraction.
- A visit to Melbourne’s famous Brighton Beach boxes
- A guided tour at the Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Park
- Meet a wide range of Australian animals including koalas, kangaroos, dingoes, and more
- Visit Point Grant on Phillip Island to view the Nobbies and Seal Rock
- Stroll the island’s coastal boardwalks for amazing coastal views
- Experience the magic of the Phillip Island Penguin Parade at sunset
Grampians National Park
Discover the magic of the Grampians by exploring the best waterfalls, wilderness and wildlife in this incredible National Park. Walk the trails to learn about the Aboriginal history of the area and spot wildlife such as wallabies and cockatoos. Visit the region’s best lookouts to see panoramic views over the mountains and valleys below. This tour guarantees sightings of wild kangaroos in and around the town of Halls Gap. It also includes some fantastic nature walks around MacKenzie Falls and the Wonderland Range.
- Walk through eucalyptus forests to Silverband Falls
- Explore the Grampians township of Halls Gap
- Take a short hike from the Wonderland Turntable into the spectacular Grand Canyon
- Visit one of the Grampians most famous sites, MacKenzie Falls
- Enjoy panoramic mountain views from Reeds Lookout and Boroka Lookout
- Spot wild animals in their natural habitat, including kangaroos
Melbourne’s renowned wine region, the Yarra Valley, is the place to indulge in fresh local produce and world class wines. The region is home to some of Australia’s finest wineries, and endless cellar doors to taste the local drop. The regions is best for growing chardonnay and pinot noir grapes, and as such, these are the hero wines of the Yarra Valley. But it’s not all about wine in the valley, there are local producers creating foodie delights from chocolate, to cheese, to fresh fruit juices. The highlight of the tour is sitting down to a gourmet lunch, made from fresh seasonal, local produce at one of the wineries.
- Taste the valley’s best fresh fruit, locally-made fruit juices, and other hand-crafted local produce
- Sample wine at the iconic Balgownie Estate – one of the iconic Yarra Valley wineries
- Taste the valley’s freshest cheeses at Coldstream Dairy
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch and glass of wine at Rochford Wines
- Indulge in an exclusive wine tasting at Yering Station, home of the valley’s first vineyard
- Enjoy an exclusive chocolate tasting and try the ice cream at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie
Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour
Visit the spectacular Twelve Apostles at the end of day to enjoy the lookout and incredible coastline without the crowds. A visit to this incredible coastline is sure to be a highlight of your stay in Melbourne. Depart the city later than most tours to avoid the crowds as you journey along the Great Ocean Road. See koalas in the wild, visit seaside towns and stop in at the Memorial Arch. Spend the afternoon exploring the incredible Shipwreck Coast before arriving at the 12 Apostles for sunset.
- View the beaches of Victoria’s famous Surf Coast
- Spot wild koalas in the trees at Kennett River
- Drive the scenic forest road through the Great Otway National Park
- Marvel at the natural beauty of Loch Ard Gorge – the site of shipwreck survival
- Descend the cliffs to stand on the sand at Gibsons Steps (time permitting)
- Visit the 12 Apostles Lookout at dusk and view the sunset
Written by: Leah Furey – Digital Content Coordinator @gowest.com.au