The tour experience was excellent, a fun day out. I really enjoyed the hiking with stunning scenery and the wildlife viewing; our guide Joel was very informative, enthusiastic and clearly loved his job. I would highly recommend this tour:)
Australia’s Best-Kept Secret
Walk Along Squeaky Beach
Hike Up to Mount Oberon
Bush Walking, Idyllic Beaches, & Wildlife Spotting in Victoria’s First National Park
This little-known, picturesque national park is often referred to as Australia’s best-kept secret. Check out spots like Squeaky Beach, one of Australia’s most famous stretches of sand. Wriggle your toes in the squeaky quartz sand as you stroll by the wild seas. Take a guided walk on Mount Oberon with its spectacular views and spot wildlife throughout the afternoon. The Prom is a truly unique and unspoilt region where you can really get back to nature!
- Adult (16+): AUD $145
- Child (0-15): AUD $125
(Enquire for group discounts for groups of 5 people or more)
7:00 – 8:00 AM
Inner-city pickup service from most accommodation providers and specified pickup points.
Wednesdays, Fridays, & Sundays, year-round
12 hours (return to Melbourne at about 8:00 PM)
Maximum of 24 guests
- Park entry fees
- Friendly and informative tour guide
- All transfers in air-conditioned comfort
- Access to our free translation app
- Free onboard Wi-Fi
Meals other than stated
What to bring
- Walking-appropriate clothing and footwear
- Snacks and a refillable water bottle
- Warm weather: sunscreen, a hat, and warm clothes for when the sun goes down
- Winter: warm clothes and layers as coastal winds can make conditions quite cold
Good to Know
- We highly recommend a medium level of fitness for this nature-based walking tour.
- Please note you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time.
- No prams or strollers permitted.
- We are able to provide an infant seat (0-3 years) or a child booster seat (4-8 years) free of charge. Please note we have only a limited number available each day and they must be pre-booked. Contact us with your request and provide the age of your child along with your confirmation number and booking details.
- Download the Go West Tours app from the App Store or Google Play prior to your departure for access to our tour language commentary. Available in Arabic, Malay, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, and Hindi.
Explore pristine beaches and hear the sand squeak on Squeaky Beach
Walk along Squeaky Beach to Tidal River
Join a guided walk to the summit of Mount Oberon or Mount Bishop for stunning coastal views
Marvel at the rugged granite mountains that make this area so picturesque
Spot native wildlife like kangaroos, wombats, and emus
What You’ll Do
Start this Wilsons Prom tour at 8.00 am, as we leave Melbourne and journey southwards from Melbourne through the Gippsland region until we come to the southernmost part of the Australian mainland – Wilson’s Promontory. Covering 50.512 hectares, “The Prom” as it is widely known, was the first national park established in Victoria in 1898 and remains one of Victoria’s most loved and cherished natural attractions. This pristine slice of natural wilderness will inspire and intrigue even the most discerning traveller, with its panoramic views, pristine white beaches, coastal forests, cool climate rainforests, and well-preserved walking tracks.
The Prom is home to many marsupials, such as kangaroos and wombats, as well as native birds and other animals such as emus, which, with a bit of luck, you can see up-close. The best way to explore the Prom is on foot, so you will no doubt enjoy your stroll along some spectacular tracks and be entertained by the pure white quartz ‘singing sands’ of Squeaky Beach.
An opportunity is available to enjoy either a gentle rainforest walk at Lilly Pilly Rainforest or amazing panoramic views from the summit of Mount Bishop which we climb via an easy to medium-graded walking track.
With your group size guaranteed to be no larger than 24 guests, we ensure there is plenty of opportunities to get out and explore nature at its very best. Our friendly and engaging guides will help you create some travel memories to last a lifetime.
Reviews From Our Previous Guests
(…) visiting on the Go West tour was such a special experience. Yazmin and Alex were fantastic guides, both very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. They made sure each person on the tour was having a great time, and were really entertaining throughout the day. I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone looking for a day out in nature with professional and enthusiastic guides.(…)
Thanks to our guide and driver Graeme it was the best tour I’ve had in Australia. He was really nice to everybody in the group and told us a lot of funny stories and interesting things about Australia. Everything was organised well. Thank you, Go West Tours for the great memories!