If you don’t have much time at hand and would still like to see it all, this trip is for you. Mike C went above and beyond to make our tour memorable and to give us an insight on the places we saw. (…) There’s plenty of opportunity to get off the bus and take photos or just soak in the landscape. We were lucky enough to even see a kangaroo on our way back!
Visit the Twelve Apostles
Spot Native Wildlife
Hike to MacKenzie Falls
Explore the Iconic Great Ocean Road and the Landscapes & Wildlife of the Grampians
Experience all the highlights of the spectacular Great Ocean Road and Grampians regions in this action-packed overnight tour. Visit sights like the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge, as well as exploring the trails and impressive views of Grampians National Park. See the variety of geographical formations and wildlife in Victoria.
- Shared dormitory: $355 AUD per person
- Private triple room: $445 AUD per person
- Private double or twin room: $455 AUD per person
- Private single: $545 AUD per person
(Enquire for group discounts for groups of 5 people or more)
7:00 – 8:00 AM
Inner-city pickup service from most accommodation providers and specified pickup points.
Mondays & Fridays, year-round
Maximum of 24 guests
- Park entry fees
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Complimentary onboard Wi-Fi
- Access to free translation app
- All transfers in air-conditioned comfort
- Accommodation as booked
- Breakfast on day 2
Meals other than stated
What to bring
- Snacks and a refillable water bottle
- Swimming costume, a towel, and toiletries
- Warm weather: sunscreen, a hat, and warm clothes for when the sun goes down
- Winter: warm clothes and layers as coastal winds can make conditions quite cold
Good to Know
- Please note, you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time.
- Due to the duration of the tour and the difficulty of walks included, we do not advise taking children under the age of 12. No refunds will be issued on the day of travel for failure to declare infants.
- Children must be booked in private accommodation as shared dormitories are not suitable.
- Cots are not available for very young children, thus, we are unable to accept bookings for multi-day tours containing children under 4 years of age.
- Luggage restrictions: maximum 5 kg small bag/backpack permitted on all tours returning to Melbourne. Maximum 10 kg soft bags permitted on all tours finishing in Adelaide.
- Download the Go West Tours app from the App Store or Google Play prior to your departure for access to our tour language commentary. Available in Arabic, Malay, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, and Hindi.
Explore the famous beaches of the Great Ocean Road’s Surf Coast
Wonder at the awe-inspiring 12 Apostles and other famous rock formations in Port Campbell National Park
Hear the story of our most famous shipwreck at Loch Ard Gorge
Hike trails through the rainforest gullies and towering eucalyptus trees to waterfalls like MacKenzie Falls
Enjoy spectacular panoramic views from Reeds and Boroka Lookout
Spot local wildlife on guaranteed wild animal sightings
What You’ll Do
Discover the stunning beaches of Victoria’s Surf Coast and the winding, cliff-side journey along the famous Great Ocean Road. The scenic journey along this famous route is a highlight in itself, as we absorb some spectacular coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend. We make plenty of scenic stops, including, of course, a photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch at Eastern View.
Immerse yourself in the tranquil beauty of the Otway Ranges’ cool temperate rainforest before we turn our attention to the awesome rock formations of the Port Campbell National Park, including the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, and London Bridge. Your guide will recount the legend of the Loch Ard, bringing the gorge to life in a way you never imagined. We take time to explore here, with more rock formations to see, including the Razorback, the Dumpling Pots, and the delightful Island Archway.
Stay overnight in the Grampians town of Halls Gap.
Our Grampians tour is all about exploring this nature lover’s paradise, taking in native wildlife, dramatic rock escarpments, and spectacular waterfalls. Wake up surrounded by kangaroos before immersing yourself in nature with some short but energetic walks. Admire the panoramic views from Boroka Lookout and Reeds Lookout, and descend to the bottom of Victoria’s biggest waterfall, MacKenzie Falls.
Return to Melbourne via the Western District, arriving around 6.30 pm.
FAQs for Great Ocean Road & Grampians Tour
We don’t allocate any specific time to swimming, as most of our guests don’t want to swim during their tour, but at any time when the tour stops at a beach location it is possible for you to have a dip. Please speak to your guide on the day as they will be able to advise you of the safe locations to swim. If you’re keen to have a swim, feel free to bring your swimming costume and a towel with you on the day in case the opportunity arises.
We do not endorse the feeding of wild animals as it can be harmful to their natural behaviour and well-being. The food often used is the equivalent of junk food causing them to have an unhealthy diet and in some cases making the animals sick. Animals that have been regularly fed by humans come to expect it and in the long term this reduces their ability to forage for food.
We require a moderate level of physical fitness for this tour. Most of the day’s spectacular sights are easily accessible from viewing platforms, boardwalks, and stairs. One of the walking tracks, however, is moderately steep and the path is over rocks rather than a paved boardwalk. No extended hiking is involved, but appropriate footwear for outdoor activity is required.
Have more questions?
Reviews From Our Previous Guests
A bit late with this review but had a fantastic day with our tour guide Leonie who shared her knowledge about the area and kept us entertained! I highly recommend this tour.
Mel C was THE best tour guide and completely made the trip….and it’s a long ride so for her to keep us all entertained, educated about her home country and having fun is something special! (…) Needless to bring up the great views on this trip, even with some fog in the air it was gorgeous! Thanks for an awesome day Go West Tours!
Our tour started off with a lively and warm greeting from the guide , Mel. She has a lot of energy and provided us with information and history on the place we visit. Its a great experience walking at the Grampians and we also had a few spectacular scenic stops for lookouts. We especially enjoyed the outdoor lunch in the vicinity of Grampians and being up close and personal with the wild kangaroos and cockatoos nearby.